Our team at Catalyst Environmental Solutions provides expert consulting services in the areas of energy, land development, and NEPA compliance. In addition to assisting clients with planning, permitting, and environmental analysis, we craft creative solutions to complex environmental issues. Our team serves as trusted strategic advisors to a diverse client base in both private industry and the public sector.
We are looking for a motivated and energetic individual who wants to join a fast-growing team and contribute to a wide variety of projects for a diverse client base. Key skills and attributes:
· Self-starter, motivated, and enthusiastic. Desire to work on interesting and sometimes controversial projects.
· Ability to think critically and problem-solve.
· Strong communication skills, both verbally and written. Although the position is office-based, team member will be working with staff in remote offices and principals who travel frequently, therefore, effective communication skills are an absolute must. Writing sample is required.
· 1-2 years experience conducting environmental analyses pursuant to CEQA and/or NEPA projects
· Working knowledge of MS Project, MS Access, MS PowerPoint, SharePoint
· Eagerness to participate in developing white papers, infographics, and materials for public presentations and meetings. (Samples of prior graphics or public materials developed would be greatly appreciated)
· Ability to take direction, ask questions as needed and run with an assignment with some oversight.
· Field-work (e.g., Phase I/II ESAs, biological surveys, geomorphology surveys, soil sampling, etc.) and travel required, as needed.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
· 2-5 years of experience in the environmental consulting industry
· Bachelors or Masters in Environmental Science, Environmental Planning, or the Natural or Physical Sciences (e.g., biology, chemistry, physics, geology)
Role and Responsibilities:
Our team is searching for a junior to mid-level environmental planner to add to our fast-growing team. Position may be based in our Santa Barbara, Oxnard, or Santa Monica, California offices or our Portland, Oregon office. Primary responsibilities include:
· Conducting environmental analyses pursuant to CEQA and NEPA
· Preparing permit applications, quarterly and annual reports for industrial clients
· Assisting with focused research projects and development of white papers and technical memoranda for clients (both industry and government)
· Preparing PowerPoint presentations and posters for public meetings
· Assisting with marketing efforts, as needed
Please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com