Our team at Catalyst Environmental Solutions provides consulting services in the areas of water resources management, energy, and land development/management. We serve as the trusted strategic advisors to adverse client base including private industry and the public sector and employ an interdisciplinary approach to problem-solving that synthesizes the work of our scientific, economic, engineering, and regulatory experts to create practical solutions for complex environmental and natural resource management issues. Our understanding of complex scientific linkages and regulatory requirements associated with environmental permitting and compliance, contributes to our success in assisting clients through the planning, permitting, monitoring, closure, and restoration processes.
We are looking for a motivated and energetic individual who wants to join a fast-growing team and contribute to a wide variety of projects for a diverse client base. Key skills and attributes:
· Self-starter, motivated, and enthusiastic.
· Desire to work on interesting and sometimes controversial projects.
· Ability to think critically and problem-solve.
· Field-work (e.g., Phase I/II ESAs, biological surveys, geomorphology surveys, soil sampling, etc.) and travel required, as needed.
· Ability to take direction, ask questions as needed, and run with an assignment with oversight.
· Working knowledge of GIS is a plus
· OSHA 40-hour HAZWOPER training completed
· CPR/First Aid Certified
Qualifications and Education Requirements
· 0-2 years of experience in the environmental consulting industry
· Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree inEnvironmental Science, Environmental Planning, and/or the Natural or PhysicalSciences (e.g., biology, chemistry, physics, geology)
· Strong communication skills, both verbally and written.
· Working knowledge of MS OfficePrograms – Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.
Role and Responsibilities:
Our team is searching for a staff environmental scientist to add to our fast-growing team.The primary responsibilities include:
· performing a range of defined technical tasks, field work, collecting and analyzing data, and writing technical sections of reports, under direct supervision.
· managing and overseeing small tasks including being responsible for your assigned task, scope, deliverables, budgets, and schedule commitments.
· contributing to client relations and business development by representing Catalyst in a positive manner to clients, agencies, and other outside parties.
· working effectively as part of a team and making contributions that foster the growth of your practice area and Catalyst as a whole.
While we are looking for a team-member fora permanent full-time position with opportunities to work a on a large variety of projects over the long-term, the initial role for the scientist in this position will be primarily field-based (~6-12 months).
Please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org